Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 -15 minutes
Found in Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Magazine
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups reduced sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a saucepan, saute onion and almonds in the olive oil until the onion is tender and the almonds are lightly browned.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and cover. Remove from the heat. Let stand 5 - 8 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.