Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
This is lovely for a light summer supper.
- 2 (6 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tsp. white wine vinegar
- Dash of black pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 4 cups salad greens
- 3 apricots (about 8 oz., pitted and thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to ½-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken with parsley, tarragon, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
3. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to a plate; cool to room temperature.
4. Combine oil, vinegar, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and dash of pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
5. Combine arugula, greens, apricots, and onion in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over arugula mixture; toss well to coat. Place about 2 cups arugula mixture on each of 4 plates. Cut chicken breast halves crosswise into thin slices; top each serving evenly with chicken. Serve immediately.