Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cooked Eggplant Appetizer
- Yield: 4 or more servings.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- ½ clove garlic, mashed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Peel the eggplant, and bake or steam till tender. (A user suggested alternatively, "Broil the eggplant until skin blackened on all sides; cool; peel" I haven't tried the recipe.)
- Mash in a bowl with a spoon.
- Mix in the sesame oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic, and beat until as smooth as possible.
- Mound on a plate or in a shallow dish
- Pour the olive oil on top
- Sprinkle with parsley.