I want to share with you guys this excellent baked crispy chicken nuggets recipe. They're packed with protein so it's a great post-workout meal. These are SO much better than McDonalds’ nuggets, not just nutrition wise but taste wise too. Yeah, I’m serious. Don’t believe me? Go head and give these a try..
Makes 6 Servings
Ingredients*- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts weighing about 6 oz. / 170 g each
- - 1/4 cup / 60 ml of oat bran
- - 1/4 cup / 60 ml of wheat germ
- - 1 Tbsp / 15 ml coarsely ground flaxseed (I personally love these, just saying!)
- - 1/4 cup / 60 ml coarsely ground almonds
- - 1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml sea salt
- - 1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml white pepper
- - Pinch garlic powder
- - 1/2 cup / 120 ml water or low-sodium chicken broth
- - 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or coating lightly with best-quality olive oil.
2. Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces, about 1.5 inches square. Set aside.
3. Next, combine all dry ingredients in a large container with a tightly fitting lid. Shake well. This is your coating mixture.
4. Combine water and egg in a medium bowl. Dip each piece in the water/egg-white mixture. Then dip each piece in the coating mixture. Make sure each piece is well coated.
5. Place on the baking sheet. When all of your chicken has been coated and your baking sheet is full, place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
Nutritional Facts (Per Serving – 4 Nuggets)
- Calories: 100
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fat: 3.5g