Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Large bunch basil leaves
- 50g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 25g parmesan cheese, grated
- Virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Lemon juice
- 170g Rachel’s Low Fat Natural Bio Live Yogurt
Note: Parmesan is never vegetarian, it always includes calf's rennet which is a meat product. If you're a strict vegetarian or if you're cooking for a strict vegetarian you need to substitute a different type of cheese of look for a different recipe. See Cheeses that aren't vegetarian for more.
- The easiest way to make this dip is using a mini chopper or a mortar & pestle . Take the garlic and basil leaves and pound or blitz until a paste is formed.
- Add the pine nuts and parmesan cheese, stream in some olive oil - you want the sauce to bind but be soft and smooth.
- Season with salt & pepper and squeeze in the juice of one lemon. Reserve and pour the sauce into a clean jar or container and keep in the fridge . The sauce will keep for up to 2 weeks.
- Take the pesto sauce and stir into the yogurt, mix well, taste, season, add a little more lemon juice if required.
- Serve with bread chips or crudités.