Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Change up your salad routine with a tomato salad! Flavorful and light, this salad will have you running to the store for more cherry tomatoes!
- 40 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 3 ounces pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, the olives, and scallions.
2. In a dry skillet, toast pine nuts over medium heat until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add tomato mixture and stir.
3. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper (to taste). Pour over salad, and gently stir to coat.
4. Allow salad to chill 1 hour before serving.