Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 12 skewers
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 bocconcini (small mozzarella balls), about 8 ounces
- 1 pint mixed red and yellow cherry or pear tomatoes
- 12 basil leaves, preferably large
- (12) 6-inch wooden skewers
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
1. Combine garlic, salt, pepper flakes, and olive oil in a medium glass bowl. Cover mixture and microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until the garlic is golden. Allow to cool.
2. After mixture has cooled, add bocconcini and refrigerate for 1-24 hours.
3. Thread a yellow cherry tomato onto a skewer, wrap a bocconcini in a basil leaf, and add basil leaf to the skewer. Finish sequence with a red tomato.
4. Repeat process with remaining cheese and tomatoes. Save any remaining oil for a dipping sauce and serve with a small amount of kosher salt.