Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
My true favorite is beef and broccoli, but chicken is easier to digest. I like to add a little szechaun sauce to spice things up.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan sauce
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- (1) 6 oz. package frozen snow peas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
1. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, orange juice, soy sauce, and Szechuan sauce. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok and add chicken. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until meat is golden brown. (Vegetarians may feel like experimenting with Quorn Meat Free Chicken Pieces or other meat substitute. I haven't tried this. Meat substitute may need a shorter cooking time than real chicken so consider putting the other ingredients in earlier.)
3. Add cabbage, broccoli, snow peas and sauce mixture. Cook for 5 - 6 minutes or until vegetables are thoroughly heated and fork tender.
4. Remove stir fry from wok and serve over brown rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.