Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
My true favorite is beef and broccoli, but chicken is easier to digest. I like to add a little szechaun sauce to spice things up.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan sauce
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- (1) 6 oz. package frozen snow peas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
1. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, orange juice, soy sauce, and Szechuan sauce. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok and add chicken. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until meat is golden brown. 3. Add cabbage, broccoli, snow peas and sauce mixture. Cook for 5 - 6 minutes or until vegetables are thoroughly heated and fork tender.
4. Remove stir fry from wok and serve over brown rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.