Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yields: 4-6 servings
Stave off those cold winter nights with this delicious recipe.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (or mild hot pepper)
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 8 oz. clam juice (or dry wine)
- 1 3/4 tsp. Cajun spice mix or blackened seasoning
- 3 whole chicken breasts, bones and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 16 oz. can tomatoes, chopped
1. Stir in tomatoes, clam juice, 1 tsp. Cajun spice, salt, and chicken. Bring ingredients to a boil and reduce heat immediately. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10–15 minutes.
2. In a heavy skillet over medium heat, stir in flour and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly until sauce has darkened.
3. Stir in celery, pepper, onions and garlic and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in tomatoes, clam juice, Cajun spice and chicken. Bring all ingredients to a boil and allow to simmer uncovered for 10–15 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and allow to cool for a minimum of 3–5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste (optional).
5. While the chicken is cooking, cook the rice according to package directions.
6. Serve the Etouffee over a bed of white (or brown) rice.