Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Yields: Makes 4 servings
This is a really quick recipe, it only takes some time to let the soup chill before you enjoy it.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup light sour cream (For a healthier version substituting a little low fat yoghurt and optionally olive oil or rape seed oil may work, I haven't tried it yet.)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth (vegetarians may substitute vegetable broth)
- 4 fresh dill sprigs
Place cucumber in food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add sour cream, 1/4 cup dill, salt and pepper, if desired. Process until fairly smooth. Transfer to large bowl. Stir in broth. Cover. Chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Ladle into shallow bowls; garnish with dill sprigs. (Alternatively chill cucumber in fridge, prepare just before eating. That may taste different but will preserve the vitamin in the cucumber.)