Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 6 - 8 servings
Tired of take out? This wildly popular recipe is easy to make and sure to satisfy your salad craving!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (chopped or shredded)
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped into small pieces
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 oz. chow mein noodles
- 6 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp. sugar (or an equivalent amount of Splenda/stevia/etc.)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- For best results, cook the chicken 24 hours prior and refrigerate. Canned chicken works well, too.
1. In a large salad bowl, add lettuce, chopped chicken, scallions, celery, chopped walnuts, and sesame seeds. Toss mixture with salad tongs.
2. Add sugar, salt and canola oil. For best results, cover the salad with a piece of plastic wrap and shake for 3 - 5 minutes.
3. Uncover and garnish with chow mein noodles.