Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute to blend
Yields: one complete diet plan meal
Not only is the collard green smoothie beverage healthy and complete it takes a long time to consume it with the result of keeping you from feeling hungry until time for your next meal. An added bonus is that for a health beverage it tastes garden fresh too. (BTW - add a little vinegar to liven up the taste.)
(Note: Although the ingredients listed below makes a single meal, making this into a drinkable liquid (rather than into a paste) can easily take enough water to fill two 48oz. blenders.)
505.78 cal, 16.17% fat, 69.95% carb, 13.89% protein Edit
- 48 oz. electric blender
- gram scale
- leafy greens chopper
- leafy greens spinner
- sprayer filled with vinegar
- sprayer filled with hydrogen peroxide
- Spray unwashed leaves alternately with just enough vinegar and then hydrogen peroxide so they drip.
- Rinse after 10 seconds or longer.
- Remove excess water using a leafy greens centrifuge spinner
- Chop sanitized collard green leaves into small pieces that will fit snugly into the blender.
- Add to 48 oz. blender with other ingredients.
- Add ~40oz. chilled water.
- Blend on high until liquid. Enjoy!