Yields 6 servings. Corn isn't included in the ingredients though it's called, 'Corn and Potato Chowder'. It looks like readers must try and work out for themselves what amount of corn is good.
- 4 cups potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1½ cups celery, chopped
- 2½ cups green onions, chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp. olive oil
- two vegetable bouillon cubes or bouillon powder to taste
- 3 to 4 tsp. tamari soy sauce
- 3 to 4 tsp. parsley
- 1 to 2 tsp. honey
- 1½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. dill
- 1 tsp. thyme
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2½ cups water or vegetable stock
- Steam the green onions and celery until tender.
- In a large frying pan, saute the green onion in oil for one to two minutes, then add all the seasonings and saute one more minute.
- Filling the blender twice, blend all the ingredients until fairly smooth, lovely green light green soup is created.
- Simmer everything on medium heat for 15 – 25 minutes until the bite is off the onions and the flavors mingle.
- Serve hot with bread, crackers, or other accompaniments.
- Keeps 3–6 days refrigerated.