A hearty couscous salad that is so simple to make. For a slightly different flavour, use the zest and juice of one lime. Serve with plain grilled chicken or fish for an easy summer meal.
- 225g/8oz couscous
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ½ cucumber, de-seeded and finely diced
- 30g/1oz sunflower seeds, toasted
- 30g/1oz sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cover the couscous with twice its volume of hot water and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Mix together with the remaining ingredients and leave to stand for 30 minutes to let the flavours develop.
- Serve at room temperature.