Prep Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: Makes 4 servings
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105*F to 115*F)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. cornmeal
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl of electric stand mixer. Add salt, olive oil and 2 1/2 cups flour. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to low and mix about 1 minute.
2. Continuing on low, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl, about 2 minutes. Knead on low about 2 minutes longer.
3. Place dough in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk. Punch dough down.
4. Brush 14-inch pizza pan with oil. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Press dough across bottom of pan, forming a collar around edge to hold toppings. Add toppings as desired. Bake at 450* for 15 to 20 minutes