Prep Time:20 minutes
Deviled eggs are a huge potluck favorite. This adapted deviled egg recipe replaces some of the egg yolks with nonfat cottage cheese—keeping the filling velvety and rich while taking away some of the fat. You will be suprised that no one will know the difference.
- 12 large hard-boiled eggs , peeled
- 1/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives , or scallion greens
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Paprika , for garnish
- Halve eggs lengthwise with a sharp knife. Gently remove the yolks.
- Place the yolks in a food processor, or beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Add cottage cheese, mayonnaise, chives (or scallion greens), relish, mustard and salt; process/blend until smooth.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons yolk mixture into each egg white half. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.