Prep Time: 10 min
Cook time: 0 min
Why do all salsa recipes include oil? It's not necessary for a great salsa, because so many other ingredients mask any taste of the oil. Thus, the oil only serves as an unnecessary source of fat and calories. This is a healthy salsa with all the good stuff, and nothing you don't need.
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 red onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 green onion (bulb removed)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut the tomato up into pieces and put it in a food processor. Do not blend all the way- let it retain some of the lumpiness.
- Add pieces of the pepper, garlic and both onions.
- Squeeze half of a lime into the mixture
- Add the cayenne pepper
- Mix well with a spoon
- Serve cold