- 4 cups apples, washed cored and sliced
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup apple juice, cider or water (or slightly more)
- ¼ cup gluten free brown sugar or honey to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Prepare the apples, dipping each slice in lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Place apples in skillet, or large covered pan and sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining lemon juice mixed with sugar or honey, and stir gently.
- Add just enough apple juice, cider or water to cover bottom of pan.
- Turn heat on low, cover and cook, stirring gently every five minutes.
- Cook until done but not mushy.
This recipe includes sugar, see below.