Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yields: Makes 8-10 Cookies
These scrumptious cookies are gluten free, sugar free and suitable for vegans. Not naughty but still nice!
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1½ tsp ground ginger
- 200g ground almonds
- 30g pecans, chopped
- 50g olive oil or rapeseed oil
- 160g natural syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / gas mark 5. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Sift the baking powder and ground ginger into a large bowl.
- Add the ground almonds and chopped pecans and mix together. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour in the oil and natural syrup and mix together with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together.
- Roll a dessertspoonful of the mixture into a ball then lightly press to make a flat biscuit shape. Place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture, leaving a little space between them on the baking sheets to allow to spread.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes until golden. Leave to cool slightly on the tray then carefully remove with a palette knife and leave them to cool completely on a cooling rack.