Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yields: Serves 2
These peppers are incredibly delicious when prepared this way.
- 1 cup (or more) shishito peppers
- 1 tablespoon (or more) extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Cayenne (optional)
- Lemon or lime wedges for serving
1. Heat your grill pan, cast-iron skillet, or heavy-bottomed pan over very high heat.
2. Toss the peppers with a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Drop the peppers on the hot skillet, and cook, turning occationally, until the peppers have softened and are charred in spots.
3. Remove from heat and sprinkle kosher salt and the optional pinch of cayenne over the peppers. Eat piping hot.