Guacamole is the food of the gods. A mixture of all things good and healthy, guacamole receives a bad rap since it's often paired with unhealthy dishes, such as nachos.
The ratio of these ingredients is really up to you - do you like super spicy guacamole, or more of a smooth, creamy taste? This is how I would make my perfect guacamole:
- Two avocados - make sure they 'give' slightly when squeezed, this means they are ripe
- Red onion - one quarter, chopped finely
- One tablespoon of sour cream (or creme fraiche, if you're fancy/ rich)
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Half a Jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped into very small chunks
- Cut open the avocados and use a sharp knife to CAREFULLY remove the stones
- Spoon avocado into a medium bowl and add onion, sour cream, and lime juice
- Using a fork, mash ingredients until chunky. Some people like a nice creamy consistency, but I like to have some bite.