Makes 2 servings
- 3 cups rice flour, divided
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons minced onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1¼-ounce package gluten-free quick rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1¾ cups water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine 2 cups rice flour, brown rice flour, dry milk, onion, sugar, rosemary, thyme, xanthan gum, yeast and salt in large bowl.
- Combine eggs, cheese, water and oil in medium bowl; mix well.
- Pour mixture into dry ingredients; stir until well blended.
- Stir in remaining cup rice flour to make stiff dough.
- Cover bowl; let rest 10 minutes.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead 5 minutes, using only as much extra flour as needed to keep dough from sticking.
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into one loaf.
- Place in lightly greased loaf pans.
- Let rise in warm place 40 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Cool completely on wire rack.