- 3 Honeycrisp apples, peeled & cored
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats or Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds cereal, divided
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- Remaining 1/2 cup cereal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
1.Set the oven at 325 degrees.
2. Slice apples into quarters and put them in a large glass mixing bowl.
3. Add half of cereal, honey, nuts & cinnamon in the bowl with apples. Mix them together with a wooden spoon.
4. Put half of cereal in another bowl. Combine flour and butter together with the cereal.
5. Cover the bottom & sides of a casserole dish or gratin dish with aluminum foil. Spray it with a little Pam.
6. Pour in the apple filling in the pan. After that, cover w/ the cereal topping. Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon on the top.
7. Put the apple crisp in the oven for 15 mins and bake until golden brown.
8. Serve warm with a scoop of low fat vanilla frozen yogurt or let cool completely and serve.