Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Yields: 6-8 servings.
I usually make this with Lime Jello, but feel free to change the flavor.
- (2) 6 ounce packages Jello (choose your flavor)
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 pkg. Dream Whip
- ½ cup cold milk
- In a large bowl, combine jello and water. Stir until dissolved. (Jello contains gelatine which is a meat product. Gelatine is healthy for meat eaters but vegetarians should substitute a vegetarian jelly. Sugar free Jello is available,  and appears healthier.)
- Pour in cold water; stir.
- Add pineapple and nuts; stir lightly.
- Place mixture in refrigerate and allow to chill until the jello has reached a jelly-like consistency.
Cream Filling Edit
- In a medium bowl, stir together the dream whip and milk. Whip mixture until it is stiff.
- Remove jello from refrigerator and add to cream mixture. Fold into the jello very gently, and mix well. Be sure to leave the dream whip as fluffy as possible.
- Place mixture in a 9x13 inch pan and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. For best results, allow the mold to chill overnight.
- Note: Dream Whip contains large amounts of sugar, also coconut oil and [Wikipedia:Palm oil|palm oil]] which both have high saturated fat content.  It's advertised as having no fat  but the oil is similar to fat. health conscious readers should not make this too often.