Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Change up your dinner routine with this mouth-watering dish! The buttery flavor of John Dory, coupled with the unique flavor of fennel makes for quite the gastronomic experience!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 7 canned anchovies, drained, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (½ stick) chilled butter, cut into pieces
- fried fennel
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- (4) 7-ounce John Dory or sea bass fillets
- Brush john dory with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add fish and cook 3 minutes per side or until the center becomes opaque.
- Transfer fish to platter; tent with foil to keep warm. Remove excess oil from skillet.
- Add wine and anchovies and boil for 12 minutes or until mixture is reduced to ⅓ cup.
- Add butter and whisk until mixture is melted and smooth. Season with pepper to taste.
- Arrange fried fennel in center of plates.
- Place fish on top of fried fennel and add sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.