Yields: Serves 6
These fresh and delicious lemon, artichoke and feta wraps are perfect for vegetarians. Ready in 15 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 small radicchio or iceberg lettuce
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 175g mixed marinated pitted olives
- 1/2 preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 280g jar artichoke antipasto in flavoured oil, drained and oil reserved (optional)
- Small handful chopped fresh mint
- 6 x 20cm khobez breads
1. Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the chilli, garlic and fennel seeds for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Allow to cool.
delicious. tip: Khobez breads are widely available in supermarkets and are the Moroccan version of pitta breads. Large pitta breads or flour tortillas work well too.
2. Remove 6 outer leaves from the radicchio or iceberg lettuce and set aside. Finely shred the remaining lettuce and place in a bowl. Stir in the feta cheese, olives, preserved lemon, artichoke hearts, mint and chilli mixture until well combined. Season to taste and moisten with a little oil from the jar of artichokes, if you like.
3. Pack the lettuce leaves, breads and filling separately. To serve, break the spine of the lettuce and put 1 in each bread. Spoon in the filling and wrap to eat.