Recipe by Hooked on Heat
- 2 cups chicken stock / broth
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 red chilies
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 stalk of lemon grass
- thin rice noodles or vermicelli
- ½ cup sliced onions
- ½ cup fried pieces of chicken or tofu
- freshly chopped coriander leaves
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Soak noodles in a bowl of hot water for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Add ginger, garlic, red chilies, basil and lemon grass to chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Strain the soup and add to noodles.