Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4-5 servings
Colorful and tasty, this simple recipe works well as a side dish or as a snack on the go! No stove required!
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1/4 cup red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (Julienned)
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1. Rinse mangoes and cut horizontally into long pieces.
2. Cut the long pieces into smaller sections, preferably 3/4 inch cubes. Place the cubes into a chilled bowl.
3. Add red onion and red bell pepper to the chilled mango; set aside.
4. Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice over the mango, red onion, and red bell pepper mixture (bottled lime juice works just as well, although the juice from a fresh lime will add more flavor).
5. Cover the mixture with a piece of plastic wrap. Shake ingredients together for 3-5 minutes.
6. Uncover the bowl and garnish with cilantro. Serve.