Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
These are a nice alternative to the standard mashed potatoes. Add a little sugar or syrup if you want to eat them as a dessert! It's ok to use a potato masher if you want to do it the old-fashioned way.
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup butter
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Add potatoes and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Using an electric mixer, blend potatoes, slowly adding ¼ cup of milk at a time.
- Continue blending potatoes, adding in cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Blend until you receive your desired texture (smooth or lumpy).
- Add butter and serve.