Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 2-3 servings
Quick and easy Meatless Monday recipe, inspired by on Veg's post
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup rinsed spinach, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch salt
- Agave (optional)
- First, prepare brown rice
- Dice tomatoes, onions and slice mushrooms
- Drizzle olive oil into a cast iron skillet (while the rice is cooking separately) and throw in the veggies and the black beans.
- Sprinkle in some cumin, chili pepper, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, a pinch of salt and squirt of agave (optional).
- Add spinach last
- Allow veggies to simmer on low until rice is complete.
- Stir the cooked rice into the veggie medley
- Top the dish off with big slices of avocado.