Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 12 cupcakes
Delicious chocolate, orange, spicey goodness that's perfect for fall.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached/all purpose white flour
- 1/3 cup + 2 heaping tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or chili powder
- 1 cup vegan cane sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 package silken tofu, rinsed
- 8 oz. dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 Tablespoons cashew milk (you can use almond or soy)
- 1 Tablespoon brewed coffee
- zest of one medium orange
1.) Heat oven to 375 degrees and line cupcake tin with papers
2.) Sift or whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, spices, salt and sugar
3.) In a separate bowl, mix the oil, coffee and vanilla
4.) Add wet into dry ingredients
5.) When smooth, add the vinegar and stir quickly until evenly distributed
6.) Bake 15-20 minutes
1.) Crumble silken tofu into a blender and add extracts, orange zest, nut milk, coffee and agave.
2.) Blend until smooth
3.) Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Stir. Make sure the chocolate is smooth. If you don't have a double boiler, use a pot and a bowl.
4.) Let chocolate cool for a few minutes.
5.) Add chocolate to tofu mixture and blend until everything is incorporated. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the blender.
6.) Put in tupperware and refrigerate for at least an hour.
To Fill Cupcakes:
1.) Use your thumb to create a hole in the center of each cupcake
2.) If you don't have cake decorating tools, put the frosting in a ziplock baggie and cut the corner.
3.) Squeeze mousse in to fill the center of each cupcake
4.) Swirl some mousse over the top and sprinkle a bit of cinnamon