Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 - 6 servings
This is not your ordinary cake as it is cooked on the stove and not the oven. I know, it was hard for me to believe too. But its easy and it tastes good. Enjoy!
- 2+ cups of pancake mix (adjust according to amount of liquid produced by fruit)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 can coconut water
- 1 egg
- 1 orange, rinsed and peeled
- 1 lime, rinsed
- 1 - 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 - 2 tbsp. canola oil
1. Allow the coconut water to boil down to one third of its original volume. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Squeeze in lime and orange juice. Beat in egg and sugar.
3. Mix in dry ingredients slowly. Cook over lowest possible heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
4. Test with knife, as soon as no dough sticks, immediately take off heat.
5 .Latent heat from pan will continue to cook the cake for a few minutes.
6. Garnish with a cream cheese frosting (optional).