- Recipe makes eight servings.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 10 x 8 x 2 inch ceramic baking dish with butter.
- Peel, core and dice the pear.
- Spread in baking dish and top with a light grinding of black pepper, if desired.
- Beat eggs and sugar until pale in color and very thick.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine rice flour, cornstarch and baking powder.
- Sift over egg mixture and fold in.
- Drizzle oil around edge of bowl and fold in.
- Spread batter over diced pear.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- A pale gold, crackly "sugar bloom" - like a very thin layer of pastry - will form on top of the cake.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving from the dish, warm or cold.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.