Serving Size: 1 slice
Total Servings: 8
DescriptionEditTry organic peanut butter to deliver a delicious dessert that is so good you will want to double the recipe! Guests will love this creamy peanut butter pie over a layer of chocolate cookie crust. Using stevia as a sweetener and other sugar-free ingredients, you can savor the smooth mix of peanut butter and chocolate without all the calories.
• 1 cup (8 oz.) heavy cream*
• ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
• ¼ tsp. stevia extract (see the book Sensational Stevia Desserts for brand variances)**
• 4 oz. Neufchâtel cream cheese, softened
• ½ cup smooth natural peanut butter
• ¾ tsp. stevia extract (see book for brand variances)**
• 1 prepared chocolate cookie piecrust (preferably Arrowhead Mills brand because it has no hydrogenated oils or refined sugar)
Beat heavy cream, vanilla and stevia extract until stiff peaks form. Set aside. Fold cream cheese and peanut butter in large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat at medium until well blended. Add the ¾ tsp. stevia extract and whipped cream mixture to the peanut butter/cheese mixture. Beat until smooth. Place filling into piecrust and cover. Refrigerate or freeze for at least 2 hours. Prior to serving, if frozen, defrost on counter for about 30 minutes.
*1 cup heavy cream yields about 2 cups whipped cream.
**This stevia amount is the minimum to use in the recipes.
Total Sugars: 9g
Traditional "Sugar" Recipe — Shows Sugar Comparison
Calories: 415 - More than double!
Carbohydrates: 60g - 2.7 times more!
Total Sugars: 41g - 4.5 times more!
Fat: 19g - More than 60% more!
Cholesterol: 90mg - 2.7 times more!
Sodium: 324mg - Almost 3 times more!