Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: Serves 4
This robust potato, smoked almond and artichoke salad recipe is ideal for a summer barbecue - and perfect for vegetarians.
- 600g new potatoes, halved if large
- 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 280g jar grilled artichokes in oil, drained and halved if large
- 100g smoked almonds (from Sainsbury's) or mixture of smoked almonds and cashews (from Waitrose)
- 1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
- Small handful chopped fresh dill
- 4 tbsp cottage cheese
1. Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.
Spanish sherry vinegar isn't as sweet as Italian balsamic vinegar but packs a heftier punch so don't overdo it. Buy the best you can – an aged sherry vinegar will add real depth to dressings.
2. Meanwhile, mix the oil, vinegar and lemon juice in a large bowl. Season.
3. To serve, toss the warm potatoes in the dressing. Add the artichokes, nuts, onion and dill. Toss together, then divide between serving plates. Top each with a spoonful of cottage cheese.