Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Preparation Time: <5 minutes
Cook Time: Varies according to package directions
Couscous is a wonderfully fast food to prepare. It takes but mere minutes to steam in the presence of hot water, can be combined with a multitude of ingredients, both sweet and savory, to create a hearty and healthy dish. Here, the couscous is cooked in chicken broth and has just a few simple ingredients added to create something flavorful everyone will enjoy.
- 2 cups fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth (preferably gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (10 oz.) package plain, uncooked couscous (preferably gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
In a medium pot, bring the chicken broth and a tablespoon of the olive oil to a boil. Stir in the couscous; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
Stir in the cheese, lemon juice, remaining tablespoon olive oil, salt, and the pepper. Fluff the couscous with a fork and serve immediately.
This dish is particularly good with fish.