Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 10-12
- 2 lb red radishes
- 4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped green pimento-stuffed olives, (Drained Ordinary olives without pimento probably also work, I haven't tried it.)
- ½ cup chopped scallions, including tops
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup walnut or salad oil
- 6 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt (I strongly recommend leaving salt out unless the olives are preserved in vinegar. Preserved olives typically contain a great deal of salt and too much salt is unhealthy.)
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- freshly ground pepper
- Wash radishes and pat dry; cut thin slice off both ends; shred or finely chop in food processor.
- Place radishes, cheese, olives, scallions and parsley in large bowl.
- Make vinaigrette by mixing oils, vinegar, salt, mustard and pepper in bowl or glass jar.
- Pour over slaw and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- May be refrigerated overnight. (This destroys the vitamin content and after refrigeration the dish is no better than tinned vegetables. If you want the dish to be cold I recommend refrigerating the ingredients for hours and making the salad directly before eating it. That way the flavors of the different ingredients are more distinct.)