Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Clean berries and remove them from the stems.
- In a bowl mash the berries into a pulp.
- Over another bowl, put pulp into clean cloth and allow all of the juice to drip out for a nice clear jelly (you can force the juice through, but this does result in a cloudier jelly, though it is quicker).
- Set aside the pulp for later.
- Put large amount of sugar into the juice and stir until dissolved (do not cook). The amount of sugar here is entirely dependent on your personal taste. Currants are quite sour tasting so if you don't like a tart jelly, be generous.
- Let sit overnight in the bowl.
- Next morning the jam will be done.
- You can boil pulp in water to remove the rest of the juices, strain the pulp out of the juice, add a lot of sugar and have a pleasant juice to drink.