Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp sunflower margarine
- 1 small bunch scallions, white part only, chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1¾ cups arborio rice
- 3¾ cups chicken or fish broth
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skinned and diced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Heat the margarine in a large saucepan, and add the scallions and cucumber. Cook for about 2 - 3 minutes without coloring.
- Add the rice, broth and wine and return to a boil.
- Simmer the wine and broth mixture for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the diced salmon and tarragon.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes more, then switch off the heat. Cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.