Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Deliciously creamy, this risotto is accented with the flavors of fresh tarragon and cucumber, both of which complement the flavor of salmon well. Use Arborio or Carnaroli rice. Add some salt at the end.
- 2 tbsp sunflower margarine
- 1 small bunch scallions, white part only, chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1¾ cups arborio rice
- 3¾ cups chicken or fish broth
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skinned and diced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Heat the margarine in a large saucepan, and add the scallions and cucumber. Cook for about 2 - 3 minutes without coloring.
- Add the rice, broth and wine and return to a boil.
- Simmer the wine and broth mixture for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the diced salmon and tarragon.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes more, then switch off the heat. Cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.