Prep Time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
I love chowders, but what's with all the heavy cream? This recipe blends the sweetness of corn with the smokiness of chipotle pepper. A slight creamy texture comes from the corn itself and a dollop of nonfat greek yogurt. Trust me, you won't even know you're eating healthy.
- 3 cobs of corn
- 5 large chicken bones
- 4 cups of water
- 5 large shallots
- 1 heaping tablespoon of greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper (powdered)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Bring the water to a boil, then add in the salt and chipotle powder
- Add chicken bones to the water. (Vegetarian stock may work but I have not tried it.)
- Meanwhile, cut the corn off the cobs and chop up the shallots into small pieces. Cook together in a skillet on medium heat.
- When the chicken stock is ready (and you can smell a rich chicken aroma), strain the bones out and transfer the corn and shallots to the pot.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of greek yogurt
- In batches, transfer the mixture to a food processor. Serve hot.