- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- ½ cup sherry wine vinegar
- 20 large cilantro sprigs
- 2 Serrano chiles or Jalapeño chiles, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled, de-veined
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- lime wedges and/or avocado
- Combine tomato juice, clam juice, vinegar, cilantro sprigs, chilies and worcestershire sauce in medium saucepan.
- Boil until sauce is slightly thickened and reduced to 1⅔ cups, about 30 minutes.
- Strain into a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté until just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, tomato, green onions, chopped cilantro, lime juice and sugar to sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill until cold, at least 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep chilled.)
- Garnish with lime wedges and/or avocado.