Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute to blend
Yields: one complete diet plan meal
Not only is the spinach smoothie beverage healthy and complete it takes a long time to consume, especially if you add a little apple cider vinegar, with the result of keeping you from feeling hungry until time for your next meal. An added bonus is that for a health beverage it also tastes almost as good as the Iron Man Smoothie, which it looks very much like. Below are three examples of spinach smoothies in varying proportions of macronutrients. What the proportions taylored just for you? Click here to match ingredient proportions to your own meal plan...
(Note: Although the ingredients listed below makes only one complete meal, making this a beverage (rather than a paste, porridge or thick spinach soup) can easily take two 48oz. blenders of water easily filling a gallon jug.)
Ingredients for: Edit
583.36 cal, 22.36% fat, 65.22% carb, 12.43% protein Edit
- 34 grams cheese potato (dry flakes)
- 2 grams milled flax seed
- 15 grams vegetable oil
- 72 grams plain potato (dry flakes)
- 328 grams raw spinach
511.85 cal, 15.98% fat, 69.12% carb, 14.91% protein Edit
- 19 grams peanut butter
- 96 grams plain potato (dry flakes)
- 258 grams raw spinach (10 oz. package is 283 grams)
614.20 cal, 13.36% fat, 73.65% carb, 13.00% protein Edit
- 17 grams oatmeal
- 16 grams peanut butter
- 98 grams plain potato (dry flakes)
- 78 grams raw spinach (10 oz. package is 283 grams)
- 27 wheat flour
- 48 oz. electric blender
- gram scale
- leafy greens chopper
- leafy greens spinner
- sprayer filled with vinegar
- sprayer filled with hydrogen peroxide
- Spray unwashed leaves alternately with just enough vinegar and then hydrogen peroxide so they drip.
- Rinse after 10 seconds or longer.
- Remove excess water using a leafy greens centrifuge spinner
- Chop sanitized spinach into small pieces that will fit into the blender.
- Add to 48 oz. blender with other ingredients.
- Add ~40oz. chilled water.
- Blend on high until liquid. Enjoy!