Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: Serves 2
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 roasted red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 bag fresh, washed spinach
- Goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
1. Remove stems from portobellos, chop and set aside for filling. Marinate the portobello caps while preparing for your filling tomorrow morning.
2. Add red peppers and diced portobello stems to onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add second tbsp. of olive oil to pan and add in spinach leaves. Remove from heat.
4. Place portobello caps on baking tray and pile spinach mix into them equally. Top with crumbled goat cheese and bake in a 375°F oven for 1sec-60mins.
5. Serve on a bed of Quinoa or brown rice and tomato sauce.