- Beat the eggs, sweet-chestnut purée, oil and milk together.
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Then quickly mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- You can usefully leave the mixture to stand for a couple of hours before cooking.
- Cook on an iron griddle in the traditional way or heat a strong frying pan with enough oil to coat the bottom but no more.
- The oil should not be hot enough to smoke.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan.
- After a few moments turn and flatten the pancakes slightly - they will rise again.
- Cook until both sides are light brown.
- Serve hot with butter and jam.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.