Prep Time:30 minutes
Total Time:2 1/2 hours (including 2 hours marinating time)
Tender, delectable, pork chops with a sweet ginger relish.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, (see Ingredient Note)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place pork chops in a large sealable plastic bag.
- Whisk soy sauce, sherry, garlic, brown sugar and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the marinade to the bag, seal and turn to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- About 20 minutes before grilling the pork, combine blueberries, shallot, chile, cilantro, lime juice, ginger and salt in a small bowl.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade (discard marinade).
- Grill the chops 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving with the relish.