Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
This recipe is meant more to be for snacks, but if you wish to serve them as a main course, feel free. Serve two tacos per person if using this as a main course.
- 8 taco shells
- 14 oz can red kidney beans, drained
- ½ cup low fat fromage frais (if you can't find this at your grocery store, use reduced fat or fat free sour cream)
- ½ tsp chili sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- ½ small head lettuce, shredded
- 15 oz can tuna packed in water, drained
- ¾ cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- mint sprigs, to garnish (optional)
- Warm the taco shells in a hot oven for a few minutes until crisp.
- Mash the beans lightly with a fork, then stir in the fromage frais (or sour cream) with the chili sauce, scallions and mint.
- Fill the taco shells with the shredded lettuce, the bean mixture and tuna. Top the filled shells with the cheese and serve at once with the tomatoes, garnished with sprigs of mint.