Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yields: Serves 4
Tzatziki is a Greek cucumber salad dressed with yogurt, mint and garlic. It is typically served with grilled lamb and chicken but is also good served with crudités.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint, plus a few sprigs for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup fat free plain yogurt
- cucumber flower, for garnish (optional)
- Peel the cucumber. Reserve a little of the cucumber to use as a garnish if desired and cut the rest in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds with a teaspoon and discard.
- Slice the cucumber thinly and combine with salt. Let stand for 15 - 20 minutes. Salt will soften the cucumber and draw out any bitter juices.
- Combine the mint, garlic, sugar and yogurt in a bowl, reserving a few sprigs of mint as a decoration.
- Rinse the cucumber in a sieve under cold running water to remove the salt. Drain well and combine with the yogurt. Decorate with a cucumber flower and/or mint. Serve cold.
External Links Edit
- Alternate Tzatziki Sauce Recipe